"To lose the earth you know, for greater knowing; to lose the life you have, for greater life; to leave the friends you loved, for greater loving; to find a land more kind than home, more large than earth"
Thomas Wolfe

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Christmas 2007 in Florida



We headed back to the states for the first time since arriving last February. Taking advantage of the availability and lower cost we flew on Christmas day.
Direct to Miami it was a nice flight. That was our last easy day for nearly a month.
We spent around 10 days in the busom of my family around Boca Raton. It was great to see everyone, but difficult to witness the dysfunction. I felt a little helpless, but tried to intervene none the less. One nice result is that my older sister decided to come with us to NY for a few days visit. I was happy to reconnect with her. She's supportive of our move and we had a nice time.
The time in New York was hectic. Costing more than I had expected and being strangely unsatisfying. We never seemed to be able to see enough of anyone and we were always heading to or back from somewhere, staying in Manhattan and our friends being mostly in Brooklyn.
In the end I was glad to return to easy going Uruguay. I hope it was worth the trouble.
Pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment