"To lose the earth you know, for greater knowing; to lose the life you have, for greater life; to leave the friends you loved, for greater loving; to find a land more kind than home, more large than earth"
Thomas Wolfe

Sunday, June 17, 2012

This Life


Details abound


 Montevideo. June 2012


A lot has happened since my last post; Vincent turned 13 (or twenty depending on whom you ask), much growth at Coffee Shop and Winter has had time to take a firm icy grip on our private parts.
A sweet VW on a warm day.
I am slowly realizing that what I mistook for a lack of vibrancy here is simply 'the way' of here. It's mellow, slow even backwards and yet this pace, this agreement on what is normal is done by habit, by custom, yes by design.

Change too much or too fast and you'll end up with something quite different.

 Vincent turns 13


Smashing the birthday boy's face into the cake is routine. I can still remember being at parties where it isn't. I am a throwback to the old country to my kids. Imagine that.





It's still spontaneous enough that he never saw it coming. Looking at that group now, it seems obvious.
Holly's art and Hitchens

Presents



Untethered as I am, gifts from friends or family are worth their weight in gold. My closest friend Holly "Hollywood" J Moore took my ruining of Janine's prized zester as a call to action and promptly mailed one off.  Throwing in a part for my compressor and a book was, well, above and beyond. Thanks for all that missy.



We all do a great deal of walking in this town. The neighborhoods are full of surprises (architecture and ridiculous obstacles) and it's a way of life in this capital city that is just a small town.
a  classic

 This place with the cool mural is some kind of organic store. I haven't tried yet, passing by on a Sunday as I was. Why would a store be open on Sunday? Catching on yet?
That'a a beautiful VW bus or 'Kombi' I'd like to have one day and yes, that's my friend Mono holding a guitar he doesn't play.

What, you never walk around with a guitar? Try it some time.




I am always learning of a new place or beautiful detail just from hoofing it.

That's the news for now.

Thanks for reading. Comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment