"To lose the earth you know, for greater knowing; to lose the life you have, for greater life; to leave the friends you loved, for greater loving; to find a land more kind than home, more large than earth"
Thomas Wolfe

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Hamptons - Under the Knife

I got a chance to see my sister Louise and her husband Larry my first weekend in New York. My friend Holly was scheduled to have surgery Monday and was more or less pushing me to give her some time before everything got complicated. OK, I guess I can go to Amagansett for a couple of days. It was something like 90 degrees out.
Deck Party
Larry and I play lawn golf? or something, it was fun.
The Rosenbergs


I suppose, I could have had a worse couple of days, but it's hard to hang long where even the dogs live better than most people.

Petey


Staying in the West Village is a bubble of New York Serenity. Everybody is well heeled, good looking and the streets are beautiful and chock full of nice places to shop or just gawk at. I was having a pretty good time pretending I belonged there. 


Somewhere in the bubble
C.O. Bigalow's Apothecary
Holly and Jim - West Side Pier
the best patient ever











The surgery went perfectly (couldn't have done a better job myself) and by some luck she got a private room. The staff was great, food OK, they let me stay as much as I wanted; It was sort of like a spa. A spa that cuts you open. The insurance must have given the 'eject' order, because she was unceremoniously released Tuesday night after I was already downtown. That was the only bump, that and the pain I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. so how come no mention of the fabulous evening with the brother in law?

    ReplyDelete