"To lose the earth you know, for greater knowing; to lose the life you have, for greater life; to leave the friends you loved, for greater loving; to find a land more kind than home, more large than earth"
Thomas Wolfe

Friday, July 23, 2010

Uruguay-Florida-New York

Not easy saying goodbye to my wonderful family here in Uruguay. 

Our new airport is spectacular and the country in general is in good spirits following the fantastic 4th place in the World Cup.


Here's a huge photo of our team I spotted at the airport.





 My trip has been rewarding and successful on almost every count. 



I was able to swim some and spent lots of time with my dad. He's doing well and seems content. I wish could show my folks how much they've done for me.

 

 Here I am filling up dad's car.  Those clothes and some borrowed would have to do for my stay. My suitcase went on to NY without me.



The few days in with my family in Florida was wonderful. I am grateful this trip has allowed me to see them again. Parting was not easy there either.




Not having my suitcase was all my fault. I brought home the wrong one from the airport. Well, it looked like mine! That took some time and it wasn't until I was leaving for NY that I received news that it was waiting for me there. The security jack-boots ripped it apart, so now I've got to buy a replacement for the return home.

This is one of the cheap-o bags I'm considering. I hope it makes it.

Lots of presents to bring, lots. 


Next post: Holly's good as new (almost), the beautiful West Village and my trip to the Hamptons.


Fancy!

Thanks for reading





No comments:

Post a Comment