"To lose the earth you know, for greater knowing; to lose the life you have, for greater life; to leave the friends you loved, for greater loving; to find a land more kind than home, more large than earth"
Thomas Wolfe

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Yet another Blog. Why?

Check out an even more exciting account of life in Uruguay "Daily Uruguay". Less family friendly news, the site could possibly grow into a message board with lots of opinions, all of which will be wrong.
I'll try to post each day for at least a year. 
My singular approach to illuminating the mysteries of life in general all told through the prism of being a stranger in a strange land. Really, loads of complaining and contemplating. No actual answers, so set your expectations accordingly.
Until I can graduate to a web site and message board enjoy photographs and anecdotes from the southern cone. 
As always my usual links, like the one for a beautiful early century townhouse restoration, click here or follow the link called 'San Salvador' on the left margin. 
I will post links to my sources of information, maps, tourism tips if I think them worthy.

1 comment: